The Royal Berkshire Hospital is one of the bigger maternity units in the area, offering a comprehensive maternity service where almost 5,000 babies are born every year. We cover a large area in Berkshire from Lambourne to Bracknell.
Our clinics and wards are multi-professional with a dedicated team of specialist consultants, midwives and clerical staff working together to ensure that each patient receives outstanding care.
We have midwives who specialise in Diabetes, HIV, Bereavement, Screening, Substance Misuse, Domestic Abuse and Child protection and Clinical Risk. The Poppy Team are a dedicated team of specialist midwives providing care to whose women who may require extra support. If you need to be seen by one of these midwives your community midwife will refer you.
For details of our Consultants please click here.
We have multiple clinics and services throughout our hospital:
- Ante-natal clinic for expectant mothers. Located on Level 2 of the Maternity Block
- Day Assessment Unit antenatal and some post natal women requiring investigation and/or monitoring. Located on Level 3 of the Maternity Block.
- Delivery Suite for women in labour. Located on Level 3 of the Maternity Block.
- Level 4 Maternity (Iffley & Marsh Ward) for antenatal and postnatal women, high care obstetrics, transitional care babies. Located on Level 4 of the Maternity Block.
- Rushey Midwife Led Unit. Located on Level 6 of the Maternity Block.
- Clinical Administration Team: 0118 322 8964
- To arrange your first 'booking appointment' with your Community Midwife: 0118 322 8964 and select option 1.
- To contact your named Community midwife please use the mobile number given to you at your booking appointment. If you are unable to contact your community midwife please leave a message on: 0118 322 8059
- If you think you are in labour call our triage line: 0118 322 7304
- For specific ward and clinic contact numbers, please visit the pages listed on the left.