Welcome to the department.
Please follow the links below to locate wards and services.
Emmer Green Ward
RACOP (falls) clinic
Our wards are Dementia Friendly
The Trust won Government funding of almost £500,000 to create a pioneering care environment for patients with dementia. The funding will be used to make important – but often simple – changes in elderly care wards at the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Changes that have taken place include:
- Themed and colour coded ward bays to make them easier for patients to identify
- Installing movement sensing lights to help patients navigate the ward at night
- Plain, matt flooring to give patients more confidence when walking around
- Staff work areas in each individual ward bay so nurses can be closer to patients and their relatives
- A social area for patients with relevant activities and social dining. A cinema room to help relax patients (an idea sparked by the benefits seen when patients watched the Olympics together)
- A ‘sensory area’ to provide a calming environment