We have multiple clinics and services throughout our hospital:
- Antenatal clinic for expectant mothers. Located on level 2 of the maternity block.
- Day assessment unit antenatal and some postnatal women requiring investigation and/or monitoring. Located on level 3 of the maternity block.
- Delivery suite for women requiring additional medical care in labour. Located on level 3 of the maternity block
- Level 4 maternity (March & Iffley ward) for antenatal and postnatal women, high care obstetrics, transitional care babies. Located on level 4 of the maternity block.
- Rushey midwife led unit for women with healthy pregnancies. Located on level 6 of the maternity block.
- Homebirth service a specialist team of midwives dedicated to providing continuity of midwifery care throughout pregnancy for women opting for homebirth and a 24/7 on-call homebirth service across Reading and West Berkshire.
- Clinical administration team: 0118 322 8964.
- To arrange your first 'booking appointment' with your community midwife: 0118 322 8964 and select option 1.
- To contact your named community midwife please use the mobile phone number given to you at your booking appointment. If you are unable to contact your community midwife please leave a message on 0118 322 8059.
- If you think you are in labour call our triage line: 0118 322 7304.
- For specific ward and clinic contact numbers, please visit the pages listed.
To access the maternity unit you can either park in the multi-storey car park in Craven road and either walk along Craven road to the maternity unit or exit the car park on level 2 and follow signs to the maternity unit inside the hospital. The entrance to the antenatal clinic is through maternity reception, which is to the right of the lifts opposite the league of friends shop. There is also kerbside parking around the hospital site which can be paid for via RingGo app or the parking meters.
To find more information about how to get to the Royal Berkshire hospital go to our locations.