Please contact the Directorate Manager for specialist surgery Coralie.Duff@royalberkshire.nhs.uk or a member of the clinical admin team (CAT 5) by telephoning 0118 322 7415 or email to rbb-tr.CAT5@nhs.net if you have any questions or concerns about our orthopaedic services.
Primary Hip Joint Replacement Referral Form
Primary Knee Joint Replacement Referral Form
Orthopaedic outpatient services by location
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Specialist Deformity Correction Clinic; Specialist Foot & Ankle Clinic; Specialist Hand and Wrist Clinic; Specialist Hip Clinic; Specialist Knee Clinic; Specialist Knee Injury Clinic; Specialist Knee (Under 40) Clinic; Specialist Non Acute Fracture & Trauma Clinic; Specialist Primary Hip Arthroplasty Clinic; Specialist Primary Knee Arthroplasty Clinic; Specialist Shoulder & Elbow Clinic; Specialist Young Adult Hip Clinic
Specialist Hip Clinic; Specialist Knee Clinic; Specialist Shoulder & Elbow Clinic; Specialist Young Adult Hip Clinic; Podiatric Surgery; Specialist Foot & Ankle Clinic
West Berkshire Community Hospital
Podiatric Surgery; Specialist Foot & Ankle Clinic; Specialist Hand and Wrist Clinic; Specialist Hip Clinic; Specialist Knee Clinic; Specialist Knee Injury Clinic; Specialist Knee (Under 40) Clinic; Specialist Primary Hip Arthroplasty Clinic; Specialist Primary Knee Arthroplasty Clinic; Specialist Young Adult Hip Clinic
Townlands Memorial Hospital
Podiatric Surgery; Specialist Hand and Wrist Clinic; Specialist Hip Clinic; Specialist Knee Clinic; Specialist Shoulder & Elbow Clinic
Orthopaedic daycase and inpatient services
Day case surgery is carried out at either the Royal Berkshire Hospital or West Berkshire Community Hospital.
Major inpatient elective surgery is performed at the Royal Berkshire Hospital on Redlands Elective Orthopaedic unit. Redlands comprises of four operating theatres, a six-bedded recovery ward and a 30-bed elective orthopaedic ward with seven four-bedded bays and two single rooms with en suite bathrooms. Patients can also use our amenities room which can be booked on the day of surgery. The self-contained unit means patients are no longer taken through other areas of the hospital between surgery and their recovery, dramatically reducing the risk of infection. The state-of-the-art theatres have windows offering natural light, a feature rarely found in other theatres across the country.
Orthopaedic consultants and special interests
- Antonio Andrade - Hip arthroscopy (young adult hip problems), resurfacing, replacement and revision surgery. Knee arthroscopy, ligament reconstruction, patellofemoral stabilisation procedures, replacement and revision surgery
- Chinnakonda Arvind - Foot and ankle, knee and hip disorders.
- Christopher Brown - All aspects of spinal surgery. Accurate diagnosis; X-ray guided injections for neck, arm, low back, sacroiliac joint and leg pains. Vertebroplasty. Discectomy, decompression and fusion surgery.
- Neville Davies - Paediatric Orthopaedics. Adult knee surgery both soft tissue reconstruction and primary arthroplasty
- Richard Dodds -Adult knee surgery (primary and revision arthroplasty and soft tissue reconstruction) and Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Ofer Levy - Shoulder and elbow surgery, degenerative conditions, impingement and rotator cuff problems, instability problems, Arthritis and shoulder and elbow joint replacement, arthroscopic complex shoulder injuries, sports surgery.shoulder & elbow surgery
- Alan Macleod - Trauma; reconstructive surgery (deformity correction and limb length inequalities); knee surgery (primary knee arthroplasty - total and unicompartmental, knee arthroscopy, proximal arthroplasty).hindfoot surgery); hip surgery (primary hiparthroscopy, ankle arthrodesis, other forefoot andsurgery (hallux valgus / bunion surgery, ankletibial osteotomy); foot and ankle
- Devendra Mahadevan - All aspects of foot and ankle surgery - deformity correction; tendon and ligament repair/ reconstruction; management of arthritis; arthrodesis, endoscopic & arthroscopic surgery and sports injuries.
- Amar Malhas - Shoulder and elbow surgeon treating all aspects of shoulder and elbow pathology (sports injuries; trauma and degenerative/arthritic conditions) and performs both arthroscopic surgery and joint replacement surgery.
- Andrew McAndrew - Lead trauma surgeon introducing a limb reconstruction service to Reading. Management of fractures and their complications including non-union, deformity correction and osteomyelitis.
- John Morley - Lower Limb Arthroplasty, Hip and Knee Revision Surgery and Orthopaedic Oncology
- Marie-Caroline Nogaro
- Sean O'Leary - All aspects of knee surgery - especially arthroscopic ligament (ACL) reconstruction and arthroplasty (total & uni) - and sports injuries. Also total hip replacements - not resurfacing.
- Charles Pailthorpe - Management of acute and chronic, elective and traumatic conditions that affect the hand and wrist.
- Thomas Pollard - Hip arthroscopy (young adult hip problems), replacement and revision surgery. Knee arthroscopy, replacement and revision surgery. Complex hip and knee trauma and periprosthetic fractures
- Zulfiquar Rahimtoola - Hand, wrist and elbow.
- Trichy Rajagopal - Spinal surgery
- Daniel Rolton - Spinal Surgeon. All aspects of adult aspinal surgery including trauma, tumour, deformity, infection and degenerative conditions affecting the whole of the spine. Spinal nerve and joint injections. Discectomy, decompression and fusion surgery with open and minimally invasive techniques.
- Shawn Tavares - Hip and knee surgery - resurfacings, revision hip and primary hip replacements; soft tissue knee surgery and joint replacements.
- Edward Tayton - Hip & Knee Surgery-Total Hip/Knee Replacements, Revision Total Hip/Knee Replacements, Uni Total Knee Replacement, Patellar alignment, Knee arthroscopy. Complex hip/knee trauma and peri prosthetic fracture